This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the data subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Ceris Burns Equestrian (CBE) is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
Who we are
CBE is an international PR and marketing agency involved in the B2B and B2C sectors.
We are committed to protecting personal privacy and to providing a safe and secure service where we deal with your personal information. This means information that identifies you personally such as your name, photo or contact details or data that can be linked with such information in order to identify you.
CBE may collect and process the following personal data:
- Contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and social media information.
- If you contact us, a record or copy of that correspondence and any contact details contained therein.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as via a Contact Us form.
- The information that you provide in response to a survey on our website or that we have emailed to you.
CBE uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you PR and marketing information which the agency believes may be of interest to you and your business. In making initial contact you consent to CBE maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt-out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. CBE also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, CBE will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. CBE may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. CBE may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
CBE will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with PR and marketing services. This agency does not sell or broker your data, although there may be times when your information could be contained in data that CBE has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
We may use basic information about you to reply to your enquiries and fulfil requests to receive our news or blog posts. We may send you details about our business and services or information, news or tips we think may be of interest to you. We may use information about you if we’re working with you as your services provider or your customer or exploring the potential to do so. If you are a journalist, we may use your details to get in touch with you about news or stories we consider to be of interest to you.
We conduct these data processing activities on the basis of legitimate interests connected with running and marketing our business.
You can opt out of communications with or from us at any time by emailing info@dev-server/c/ceris-burns-equestrian or by calling 01825 729 944 or writing to us. See last section for full contact details.
CBE may share your personal information with trusted third parties in relation to the provision of services that you have requested, including but not limited to graphic creation, translations, web support, freelance writing services and exhibition support. We may also share your personal information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors and IT consultants. CBE requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Where required we share your personal information with third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to our website, our business or the public.
CBE will retain data to the extent reasonably necessary and in any event in accordance with our own retention policy.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. CBE does not store personal data outside the EEA.
CBE takes all reasonable measures to keep the data we hold safe including keeping devices containing data password-protected, backing up important data on a daily basis, data encryption and practising a high level of professional discretion in terms of data disclosure.
Only authorised personnel will have access to your data.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst CBE is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Right of Access
CBE at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (CBE) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of CBE or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- further copies of the same information.
In the event that CBE refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
To access what Personal data is held, identification will be required.
CBE will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
A copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If CBE is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by CBE or its partners, you have the right to complain to CBE’s Managing Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Ceris Burns Equestrian
Ceris Burns, Managing Director, Rowan Fields, Tanyard Lane, Chelwood Gate, East Sussex. RH17 7LY
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
*Ceris Burns Equestrian is a trading style of Ceris Burns International LtdTalk to us: Click or call 01825 729 944